Sunday, August 14, 2011

Mmm... Turian

Hi, my name is Cami Wetzel and I'm addicted to Mass Effect 2 and in specific Garrus. I've been playing for 35 hours and am about to go after the Reaper IFF. But it's all good, I got my sniper.

Okay, so that is not at all exaggerated. Ben got me playing Mass Effect 2 and I have a damn good femShep (if I do say so myself) and I am addicted to Garrus Vakarian. There's just something about him as a character, too much fun. That game is one of the main reason I haven't posted in a bit. I stay up til three a frackin m playing it, then I usually start playing it when I wake up. I'm just not used to a game being so fricken awesomely fun. Even when I die I want to continue. I don't know, it's just epic and I want to play Mass Effect 3 when it comes out next year. I have gotten so good a hacking. I have so many credits. I also have more palladium than upgrades to do for my guns. I'm almost always short on eezo, godthisgameissoAWESOME!

Enough of that. We have a new boy, and if I wasn't so distracted I'd take pictures. His name is Dobby, he's a blue agouti dumbo single rex and he's adorable! We were afraid for a while that Bumblebee wasn't gaining enough weight, but he's started to get better, especially after having gotten Dobby. I wish I could say the same for Velvet. Megacolon or megasophogus.. or both. She's so thin that I can count bones in her tail. I've been hand feeding her ensure, but at this point I don't think she'll make it. I just hope I can make her comfortable until she goes to the Bridge.We've had to isolate her to make sure she can't get any of the other babies sick. We're sure of the mega's right now, but we're not sure she doesn't have an infection. Her breath smells septic and... it's just hard. Ben and I hate losing babies. I think anyone does. When it doesn't phase them is when they don't deserve the animals in their care.

Speaking of which, I'm waiting for another day or so to see if I get a reply from the woman who runs this rattery in Michigan because if she doesn't reply to me I'm contacting her local humane society. I have quite a few issues with her. Least of which being her condescending attitude and total lack of regard for other people's views. Yes, I love rats, they are gorgeous animals and are very sweet and loving. But that doesn't mean that I don't think any other animal couldn't be like them, affectionate and beautiful. I don't know if she has a grudge against hamsters or what, but it seems she's done absolutely no research when she starts to lambast them.

Another issue I really cannot get over is the fact that on her home page, in the scrolling text she says that her breeding has hit some snags in the summer months. She sites "mishaps" for the reason she's lost entire litters. Excuse me? Mishaps. What kind of mishaps are costing your animals' health and the lives of these babies that you claim to love so much. One thing I find incredibly troubling is the lack of any information on her ethics in her site. I've said this multiple times, but you should not breed a doe more than three times in her life and not after the age of one year.

In her blog she talks about how she now knows why she hates to breed during the summer months. The does are overheating and losing their litters, either stillborn or being reabsorbed.

My question is, why aren't your does in air conditioning? Another thing that makes me more angry than almost anything else I've seen on her site is the fact that she accidently bred an 18 month old doe because she looks exactly like the younger doe. This is the equivalent of a 42 year old woman getting pregnant. The doe could have lost more than just her health. She says the only difference between them is size. I've seen photos of both does. Size would have been a great indicator as would, oh I don't know, the fact that the older doe's coat is slightly lighter from the silvering that comes with age. The doe had one baby boy, but with her age she should not have been bred. It shouldn't have been a matter of, "oh, shoulda looked harder, LOL"

I'm just losing my mind here I think. Oh well.

G'mornin, g'night or g'day

Afterthought: I'm Garrus Vakarian, and I love this rifle!