Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Oh my word!

They are going nuts! I think it's probably because I woke up so late (12:30 pm, yikes!) and they are used to being out in the living room by then. Since Ben has classes in the morning, he obviously can't just move them to the living room, open the cage doors and hope for the best. That wouldn't be anywhere near wise. So now, it's around seven pm and they seem to be switching between running like mad to sleeping, to fighting, to grooming and all other manner of rattiness that my mind can't keep track of. It's insane!

Combine this with my emotional roller coaster and the absolute ridiculousness that is my sleeping schedule and I am just flustered and.. and... and I don't know but whatever it is, it's confusing. Ben said he'll come home early with munchins for me.

He's so sweet, every morning before he leaves he gives the ratties a pumpkin seed each. Well, yesterday he gave them their seeds, as usual they both take them fervently and greedily. Well he wanders off to the bathroom to put on deodorant and cologne and when he comes back out, Algernon is in the wheel at the side of the cage, just looking at him. Then she gasps and runs back over to the other edge of the cage and begins to eat her seed. The gasp was, "oh no! I forgot to eat that yumminess you gave me!" Persephone woke up and then ate hers.

They're still going crazy. I cut up an old milk carton today, just put a hole in the front for a door and put bedding in its bottom. I also took the cap off to inspire them to look up, I guess. They cannot seem to share a nesting box, which, is not at all unusual. What is unusual is the fact that it's Persephone who seems to want to claim them all! This little pipsqueak of a fuzzball just will not let Algernon have any space that for herself. *sigh*

I'm trying to figure out if music has any affect on their mood, this is a somewhat limited venture as my ipod isn't very full and our local radio stations are hit and miss.

Does anyone else have this problem? No matter which radio station you turn to, you eventually have to change it. Whether it's because they seem to play more commercials than songs or all the songs they do play are just crappy? Ben and I have it narrowed down to 104.7 and 107.7 fm locally for us. We used to listen to 103.9 fm but they just don't seem to be playing anything worthwhile.

Pause: Algernon is climbing around the laptop trying to see what's up. So naturally she begins climbing upward. Well, this just resulted in her slow and not-so-dignified slide down the screen while looking at me as if to say, "Momma!!! Help! Ahh!"

Continue: So when I turn on the radio it's for a limited amount of time and it almost seems like it isn't even worth it to try. *sigh* I need to put more music on my ipod.

This really isn't helped by the fact that music seems to almost be in the same slump Hollywood is working itself into.

Pause:(.a5w55555545555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555
------------------------------------------....................................................................... ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,5q5q)
Algernon just typed this so you could all understand her opinion on things. That and I am altering their denim sock-nest so she and Persephone want answers.

Continue: I am so beyond help at this point :) So, with that said, g'mornin, g'night and g'day

Afterthought: Isn't a night owl just a regular owl?

No comments:

Post a Comment