Monday, September 26, 2011

Oh my goodness!

Okay, so we've rescued a few more babies from pet shops. One being my little Aurora, who loves me more than I can describe. She becomes a popcorn rat when I'm near the aquarium! She looks at me with those big, red eyes and I just can't help but smile. They're beautiful, the pearly sheen on them is so intense and mesmerizing (which is a word I hate using, but it fits). We also have Belle, who is so small you'd think she was a mouse! Ginny rounds out the new girls (yes, like the Weasely's Ginny, it would have been Neville had I not rechecked to see that she was not a he). Well we have new boys too, Sugar, Gambit, Hidalgo and Beast.

Okay, so, we're up to date on babies. Now, Lace, yesterday she escaped and was found.. all before 11 am (I was tired and fell asleep on the couch... why do I still go to sleep at 2 am.. I know what'll happen!) and when Ben found her she was cuddling a giant plush flu virus behind our computer desk. So, we go to bed last night thinking we'd secured the grotto well enough... apparently not. Ben is woken up at six am (man, she is such a morning person!) by Lace crawling on his head, licking his nose. Now, this rat could have gone anywhere and knowing that she'd escaped, anyone else could have, obviously. So, Ben picks her up, takes her back to the grotto and makes sure none of the other girlies have escaped. No, four of the remaining six are playing in the end Lace escaped from! They look at Ben, then continue playing. It was kind of like, "oh, you brought her back... okay!" So before we left today for me to hang out with him at school, he made sure his provisions from six am were still escape proof. They were, and Lace was giving him the death glare (pictured is Fée in the nest the day she gave birth). So we went ahead and left, she's probably still angry and Aurora is probably still hopping like mad wondering when I'll be back.

What can I say? I'm blessed. :)

G'mornin. g'night or g'day

Afterthought: Athena and Bear will be my next pairing, looking forward to seeing what we get (especially from such healthy parents!)