Monday, July 4, 2011

An Apparent Need

I need to build these girlies a free-range area. Or at least  a collapse-able barrier so I can set them on the floor relatively worry-free. I mean, I have a new little play area I built for them out of a stack of cheap-o plastic drawers someone bought me when I was younger to put clothing in. Well, they like playing in it but then they also like driving me nuts by trying to escape (this led to the top part being encased in denim with only one open side). So now I just need to figure out what I'm going to use.

Algernon tries to escape more than Persephone, and she is so funny when she tries. It's as if she's developing a strategy. She'll try feverishly to escape for a few minutes at a time (usually when I'm sewing or some such) and then she'll stop for a few minutes and then try again. It's just crazy. She's adorable when she does it.

Persephone when she tries to escape tries to escape with cuteness. I pick her up to set her back in the cage and she licks my hand as if to say, "Momma! I'm cute! Let me explore!"

She's adorable, I can't wait til she's full grown, she'll be a big sweetie.

Well, it's 1:09 am and I started writing this while I was having dinner at... 9:30 pm... I wanna say.

Anyway, g'mornin, g'night or g'day.

Afterthought: 50 years from now, will retirement homes host LAN parties instead of bingo night?